Monday 10 October 2011

Day 1, going strong.

It all seems so easy on day one. Got up early, ate porridge, went to work early, actually did things on my To Do list (a rare occurence. The list has never shortened in the whole history of my being), only ate one biscuit - it had a picture of wheat on it, so it's not really a biscuit - drank lots of water, healthy lunch, not too much tea, ran and swam. Kaboom! This healthy life is easy. Always is for a week or so.
Today's run was a shorty, 2 miles, in 20 minutes, which takes the grand total so far to not even 6 miles...which means 995 miles to go. Yeeeeesh that seems a long way.
So today, against all odds(sort of, not in a warzone/emergency situation/horrendous weather against all odds kind of way...) I ran. The odds mostly were 1 - forgetting my measurey dude, the whole basis of the flipping challenge. But I decided to run anyway. Then 2 - I realised I had no sports bras with me. I did not decide to run anyway. For health and safety reasons the run was rescheduled to take place from home, not work. I'm a double or nothing kind of runner when it comes to sports bras. In a double sports bras or no running kind of way.
Lately, in a slightly disturbing extension to the never ending sportsbra saga, I have been getting boob blisters. Eugh. Not on the nips, as someone kindly asked, with demonstrationm should I have forgotten where they are, on a night out, but in between, primesite cleavage you might say. Bet you a pound Paula Radcliffe doesn't get boob blisters. I've come to the conclusion my boobs have gotten too big for their boots, so to speak. It doesn't happen all the time. Maybe some kind of change in running style might help...I'll get working on that.
All in all a fairly succesful day, managed to avoid the monsoons, was fairly visible in a pink t-shirt, ran mock-effortlessly past a patient and some youths and manned up up the hills(NB in this blog any mild gradient constitutes a hill. A long pavement dip at a driveway - hill.). It was rather dark, pretty chilly on my paws tonight, and that freezy throat way when I first started, not sure how I combat that...hi-viz, gloves and whisky maybe? Oh, the trials and difficulties of being a real life runner...ha.
Adios till tomorrow. Oh, I did a starting weight weigh-in this morning. The outcome was worrying. A tad excessive for a midget. Would like to downgrade from "Beast" to "Chunker" on my personal weight chart. As yet undecided what would count as Chunker. Whatever it is seems awful far away. On the plus side, it's (hopefully) not 995 miles away...

2 comments:

  1. Top tip: I'm also a pretty big fan of mapmyrun.com for measuring distances and keeping a track of my routes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I did have a look at that for planning runs but never got into the way of using it. They do email me...I'm mostly scared my wee dongledude is overestimating and mapmyrun would tell me I run about a mile in 20 minutes. I'm going to brave it and calibrate the little mite this week...

    ReplyDelete